LIMITED LICENSE TO VIEW
We grant to you a limited license to display on your computer, print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, images, graphics, audio clips, video clips, and other content that is made available to you on this website, for non-commercial, personal, or education purposes only, provided that you do not modify any such content and you include with and display on each copy of such content the associated copyright notice associated this limited license and subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use.
No other use is permitted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not:
- make any commercial use of such content;
- include such content in or with any product that you create or distribute;
- modify this Site or any of its content;
- disrupt or interfere with the availability or operation of this Site;
- create your own database from the data within; or
- copy such content onto any other World Wide Web page.
This licence is personal to you, and may not be assigned, transferred, or sub-licensed to any other person. Where any of the images or text on this Site are downloaded, copied, stored, or printed they are still subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use and you will ensure that all copyright and trademark notices are retained. The contents of this Site may be changed at any time without notice to you.
If you wish to link to this website, you may do so, provided you agree to the following link conditions:
- no endorsement of any third-party products or services or other organizations or associations is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to, included on or linked to or from this website;
- your website may not imply that we are endorsing you or your products or services;
- your website may not imply an affiliation between you or an entity for whom you may be acting and us without the prior written consent of us;
- your website may not misrepresent your relationship with us or present false or misleading impressions about the us and our services;
- your website may not contain content that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive;
- we shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website;
- we may, at any time, in our sole discretion, immediately terminate your right to link to this website, with or without cause; and, if we exercise this right, you will immediately remove all links to this website.
If you require further information on a permitted use or licence to reproduce or republish any material located or to link to this Site, please contact the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba at the address found below.
This Site is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute personalized or specific advice on financial planning, investment, insurance, financial, legal, accounting, tax or similar matters.
- Conditions of Use
These Terms and Conditions of Use contain a number of important obligations, restrictions, notices and disclaimers that apply to this Site, to the use of this Site and to any information which is made available on this Site. By making any use of this Site and/or any of the pages or information made available on this Site, you are agreeing to be bound by all of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use and that you will comply with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use in respect of all matters regarding this Site. We recommend that you read the entire Terms and Conditions of Use carefully. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions of Use, do not access or view this Site.
- Other Conditions
In addition to these Terms and Conditions of Use, your use of this Site may also be subject to the terms and conditions which may be posted on or applicable to Third Party Sites. See the section below entitled “Disclaimer re Third Party Sites.”
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to all persons who use this Site, or who attempt to do so. Such a person is referred to in these Terms and Conditions of Use as “User” or “you.”
In these Terms and Conditions of Use:
- “Clinic” means the Manitoba Legal Clinic for the Arts;
- “includes” and “including” means including without limiting the generality of the foregoing;
- “Site” means this website,
- “Third Party Sites” means websites which are owned, maintained or controlled by third parties (and not by the Clinic) to which links are provided from this Site;
- “use” includes access, viewing or copying, whether in whole or in part;
- captions and headings are inserted for convenience only, and are not to be used as an aid in the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions of Use
Changes may be made by the Clinic to these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting. We strongly recommend that you review these Terms and Conditions of Use regularly, and your continued use of this Site means that you agree to any changes made. Notice of such changes may be given to you whether on this Site or separately, but the failure to give such notice does not relieve you of any responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions of Use or from being bound by the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use as amended.
- Proper Law
This Site and its content are administered by the Clinic from its offices in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. This Site, its content, these Terms and Conditions of Use and your use of this Site are all governed by the laws of the Province of Manitoba and the laws of Canada as applicable therein, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. You agree that all questions and disputes regarding this Site and your use thereof will be decided exclusively by the courts of the Province of Manitoba.
- No improper use
This Site and its content may be used only for the limited purposes described in these Terms and Conditions of Use. You will not make or attempt to make any other use thereof. You will not abuse in any way this Site and you will not, and will not attempt to, modify this Site or any of its content, or disrupt or interfere with the availability or operation of this Site.
These Terms Conditions of Use constitute a contract between the User and the Clinic, and the Clinic is entitled to rely upon and to enforce its terms.
- Accuracy of data
The information, material and content posted on this Site are believed to be reliable when posted. Although best efforts are made to ensure accuracy, there is no guarantee that this information, material and content are accurate, complete or current at all times. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, there may be typographical errors, or inaccurate or incomplete information resulting from Internet software and/or transmission problems.
- Report Errors
If any errors are noticed on this Site or in the information which is accessible on this Site, you are requested to immediately advise the Clinic and the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba at the address set out below.
- Disclaimer re Third Party Sites
This Site contains a number of links to Third Party Sites. In addition to these Terms and Conditions of Use, your use of Third Party Sites may be subject to the terms and conditions which have been posted on or are applicable to the Third Party Sites.
- The parties who own, maintain or control Third Party Sites are solely responsible for their content, and the Clinic assumes no responsibility for such content. Links to Third Party Sites are provided for convenience only, and are not to be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of the products, services, advice, or information which may be available on them.
- Linking to Third Party Sites is at your own risk and the Clinic is not responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking. No endorsement or approval of any third parties, or their advice, opinions, information, products or services, is expressed or implied. The Clinic does not review or control, and is not responsible for, any information which is created or supplied by a third party.
- No Warranties
All information contained on this Site is provided “as is, where is” without any warranties of any kind. The Clinic and its officers, directors, employees, and contractors make no representations and disclaim all express and implied warranties of any kind including representations, warranties or conditions regarding accuracy, timeliness, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, and assume no responsibility for the consequences of any errors or omissions.
As a User, you assume full responsibility for risk of loss or damage of any nature whatsoever arising from or in connection with use of this Site. You further agree that the Clinic and none of its officers, directors, employees, and service providers shall be liable for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use, or the inability to use, this Site or any Third Party Site, regardless of whether the Clinic has been notified of the possibility thereof, and including any claims whether or not foreseeable based on contract, tort, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory. The Clinic is not liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on this Site or the information contained herein, or any unauthorized use or reproduction of this Site or the information herein.
- Indemnify the Clinic
As a User, you shall indemnify and save harmless the Clinic for all claims, liabilities, losses, and expenses (including legal fees) arising from your use of this Site and/or violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Site, please contact:
Manitoba Legal Clinic for the Arts
c/o Robson Hall Faculty of Law, The University of Manitoba
244 Dysart Road
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2N2
- Ownership of Site
This Site is owned and operated by The University of Manitoba.
© 2023, Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba. All rights reserved. Except where expressly stated otherwise:
- This Site and all information which is available on this Site is the property of the Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba, and is subject to the exclusive copyright held by Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba; and
- Unless otherwise specified, no person has permission to copy, redistribute, modify, reproduce, or republish in any form any information found on this Site. This includes electronically reproducing by “uploading” or “downloading” or accessing onto the Internet or any other computer system. Any infringement of the rights of the Clinic and/or the Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba will result in appropriate legal action.
This Site contains names, words, titles, marks, logos, icons, trade names, brand names, designs, domain names, or other content which may constitute registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks (which are collectively referred to in these Conditions of Use as “Trademarks”). The Trademarks are protected by Canadian and foreign trademark laws. All rights reserved. Trademarks are owned by the Clinic, or are owned by third parties who have granted licences to the Clinic to use them.
The Clinic is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information of clients and users that we collect and maintain in the course of carrying on our business. The separate Privacy Statement on this website describes how we collect, hold, use, and disclose personal information when we do business with you. The separate Privacy Statement is provided in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) and, where applicable, similar provincial privacy legislation. Please contact us through one of the means listed in the Privacy Statement if you have any questions concerning privacy.
- Termination of Access
The Clinic may terminate your access to this Site at any time without notice. If your access has been terminated and you have any questions, please contact the Clinic at the address designated above.
- Availability of Site
The Clinic does not warrant that this Site will be available and meet your requirements or that access to this Site will be uninterrupted. Interruptions of availability may occur at any time, without notice, including periods of unavailability required for maintenance or technical reasons.
- Termination of Site
This Site may be terminated at any time by the Clinic without notice.